For myself, I reach for scents with notes that are more lively and bright, such as citrus. I also love juicy, lingering, fruit notes, and mixes of light florals for the daytime of summer. At night, sandalwood, soft amber, and jasmine notes are warm, inviting, and relaxing.
Each one of the fragrances below have their own intepretation of summer in a bottle. They're all different, but they each individually bring us to a place where summer should rightfully take us.
My summer scent picks:
1. Romantic Escape on a Summer Night: A light, lush, fruity floral with notes of playful passionfruit, hibiscus, and tiare flowers topped with subtle, sensual apricot musk will let you escape to your own destination.
- Ralph Lauren Summer Romance Eau de Parfum Spray; $78 for 3.4 oz.
2. Long Days at the Beach: Escape to the shore with beachy notes of sliced watermelon, bright citrus, marine air, and entoxicating jasmine blossom, tiare flower, and frangipini. Sweet vanilla and amber finish off the fragrance for a fun and relaxing scent.
-Lilly Pulitzer Beachy Eau de Parfum Spray; $68 for 3.4 oz.
3. Reminiscent of Past, Sweet Summers: A fruity and flirty fragrance that reminds us of past summers and being young with top notes of green lemon, pineapple, cherry, and coconut. It wears down with notes of candy sugar, cotton candy, and finishes with light musk, sandalwood, amber, and Hawaiian salt.
- Escada Pacific Paradise Eau de Toilette Spray; $75 for 1.7 oz.
4. Chilling Poolside on a Hot Day: A young and carefree fruity floral featuring top notes of wild, sweet strawberries, and juicy watermelon. It wears down with cherry blossom, soft jasmine and base notes of creamy and smooth musk and sandalwood.
- Ralph Lauren Wild Eau de Toilette Spray; $63 for 3.4 oz.
5. Out With the Girls in Paradise: The cool, sweet scent of cocktails on a sun-soaked day containing refreshing citrus notes of blood oranges, bitter orange bigrade, limes, and mandarins with white moss, amber, musk, and sandalwood to mellow it out. A crisp and vibrant scent with a bit of a masculine edge.
- Marc Jacobs Splash - Curacao Eau de Toilette Spray; $68 for 10 oz.
What are your favorite summer perfumes?